Canberra Property Managers

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Hwangers, 2nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good property manager in Canberra? More specifically around the Woden area... (doesn't make that big of a difference the location would it?)

2. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Nikoletta Pal is fantastic.
    http://www.palproperty.com.au/

She managed my properties for several years through another real estate agency before starting her own business. Highly recommend.

D.T., mcarthur and Jamie Moore like this.
  3. Hwangers

Thank you guys, I've left a message with her.

Also spoke with a couple of other property managers - the agency which sold the property (Ray White) quoted 9% + GST for ongoing management fees, that seems quite high? What is the standard for a 2bdr unit in Canberra?

4. Smilesica

Smilesica New Member

Hi,
    Not sure if you have got one yet but I would highly recommend Distinct Property Management (in particular Rachel Papp). They have a great online portal so that you can keep track of your property (see that the rent is paid and check out the inspection reports anytime) and all the staff have been extremely helpful. Our IP is in Kambah and the reverse cycle air con stopped working on a weekend in the middle of winter this year. They notified us and dropped some heaters off for our tenants that day. It was no extra cost to us (except the repair of the air con), but I count it as great service since i was on the road to QLD for school holidays and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I'm sure the tenant apreciated the heaters too.
    I also got a good deal as my friend recommended me and so we both got a discounted 6.57% for our managment fees (instead of 7.3%. Note that there is also a $9.90 per month admin fee).

5. Hwangers

That is impressive - thanks! Will check them out for sure - decent options to choose from going forward

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

@Hwangers don't focus too much on getting the lowest management %

The difference between 1% on a $400 p.w property is $4 (before tax)

Besides - some with low management % charge other ongoing fees.

Focus more so on getting quality service.

Cheers

Jamie

BigKahuna likes this.
  7. Tracey Seghabi

Tracey Seghabi Member

Hi, I may be a little late on this one but I recently went to a property management conference and heard Tamara Davis head of property management at Luton speak. Sounds like a strong hard working team - I would give them a call...... good luck

8. Hwangers

darn it - Nikoletta was great but she's downsizing as a result discontinuing my management - can anyone recommend any other decent managers (in addition to ones above?) thanks in advance

9. dmb1978

dmb1978 Well-Known Member

I have three different property managers in Canberra. Still yet to decide which one is better in case I want to move them to one agency. The properties are all at other ends of town to each other so may just leave them where they are for now. 9% is about right for Canberra. If you have no luck within Woden area and the ones already mentioned, I could recommend some.

10. Hwangers

yes if you could post here or PM that would be appreciated

11. dmb1978

dmb1978 Well-Known Member

Have PM'd

12. Jennifer Burns

Jennifer Burns Member

My son uses Melissa from Ashby Partners Property Management and he is very impressed with the service. I'm not sure what they charge.