Steve McKnight $10 training events - any good?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Seal, 16th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to steve mcknight's training events. he's advertising for $10. is it worth the time?

He says this is what you'll learn
    • Clarity Not Confusion: analysis of key financial stats and emerging trends
    • Boom or bust: which capital cities to focus on, and which to avoid at all costs
    • New Rules: how the proposed changes to negative gearing will impact you
    • NEW: how smart investors to access wholesale finance interest rates
    • Master Matrix: a new handout that will empower your investing like never before
    • Instant Equity: five proven strategies for adding instant equity... fast!
    • Q&A: Get expert advice and answers to your specific property questions

2. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

What is the worst that can happen? You go and waste $10 and a few hours?

I went to Steves market update last year which had some good stuff.

Player, Seal, Inov8ive and 1 other person like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Exactly

it's a marketing tool to sell product/mentoring, but you don't have to buy.
    I would say it would be worth going along

I believe in 2016 they are currently targetting Melbourne and QLD, my guess is they won't give specific areas though

Seal and albanga like this.
  4. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

thanks guys. just checked again and sydney is sold out. I'm out of sydney so part is the couple hours travel time each way. but will consider next time.

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

hint hint, I just started a thread on outer east Melb
    I am not a mentor, do your own DD. :)

6. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Yeah I bought a couple of tickets for the Sydney session and will try to go, just depends how busy I am that week as to whether or not I go. There is usually something to take away but I will not be buying anything

7. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Agree. I can't get to the Brisbane one that night. He is a very clever bloke. Whoever listens to him for a couple of hours and doesn't learn something, isn't really listening. If people are expecting hot spots in Melbourne or S/E Qld, either don't go or amend your expectations.
    Expect a plug for his commercial unlisted US unit trust. Put up with any selling he has and leave your Visa in your pocket or better still at home. Ten bucks is peanuts. If anyone goes please post back the key take aways for others to benefit from.

SunnyMum likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Player
    I believe the unlisted US unit trust has been oversubscribed? and they are not looking at promoting ?? perhaps I am wrong....???

No harm at $10, if anyone attends this please can you post an overview, just interested in what they have to say.
    about the Australian market, I do know they are buying in Melb/QLD

9. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Ahh okay. Thanks, I was unaware it was over-subscribed.

Don't put it past him packaging and bundling all the Florida properties he bought on the cheap in 2011-2013 and perhaps the mobile home parks into another unlisted entity. Not saying it's good or bad. He is a very clever bloke.

Much to learn from him.

10. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

I`ll attend the Melbourne event if not super busy on that day, it is not clear at what time it starts. I`ll post what I learn :)

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

actually he is selling off all his Florida properties, his made his money, these were low feeder stuff, I would not buy.

I think he was paying $30K for duplexs. He has tripled his money and now that the AU$ is down all helps. I believe he purchased 200 of these. OMG, nice little earner.
    He is an entrepenuer very smart guy.

Redwing and Kate Moloney like this.
  12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

200? Are you sure?
    Sounds like he wants to be the next Nathan Birch or something ;)

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think he has well and truly surpassed NB. He had many fingers in many pies not just property and he has been in the game much longer, investing in NZ, USA, Australia regional, trading in shares, wrote a best selling book, set up a hedge fund and is manager, commercial interests in USA, business, mentoring programs, sells tools/manuals etc etc

I don't believe he has mud on his face yet, certainly made money and so have many of those who have followed and does not source properties whatsoever, probably a very good thing just sells the tools and everyone to do their own DD

Last edited: 16th Mar, 2016
  14. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Tonight I went to the local.

$10 bough me a parma - a pot of carlton and trivia. Money well spent.

Re these events, this is just another 'opinion', everyone has one, so go ahead if you have time, if not, just search the suburb you wanna buy or start a thread and one of the gurus on the sight will give their opinion.

Most of the people here have been investing for many years also, and can share their vision and objectives on the relevant area.

As for me, I bought my first property in 1996, sorry, I don't write books!!!

Cheers Ivan

Gingin, Ardi and MTR like this.
  15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I know, just mucking around. NB probably wishes he was SM.
    I'll probably be going along to his update, prepared for his fund spiel again.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But I want to be SM...

17. albanga

I have commented before on Steve as I went through his course and find him to be the most genuine property guru/mentor there is.
    Whilst for some it's all about the money, he is in that game but genuinely cares.
    One day after a workshop a few of us went for dinner and then he took about 6 of us back to his family home and had coffee talking for hours. He even took us to a nearby property he was looking at which would have been a ripper deal.
    Another morning my brother and I skyped him in Florida where it was getting late but he still talked to us for an hour.

When I first met Steve in his office he set my brother and I straight pretty quickly on some of our plans and to be honest it was probably the best advice, whilst simple we got. We killed it on a deal, exited correctly and my brother and I are still best mates. Haha

I have said it before and I'll say it again, forums, seminars, courses.etc, to me are all about networking and connecting you with like minded people. People get so hung up on a $ figure and disregard the potential of meeting someone who could be a life changer.

SunnyMum, Seal, Mitesh Dedhia and 3 others like this.
  18. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Were you one of the people featured in his "$1,000,000 in Property in One Year" book?

19. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

I was reading this thinking it was @Steven Ryan you were talking about!

20. albanga

No I went through his course in 2014/2015 which was after that book.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.