So... I'm off to Dymphna Boholt's day tomorrow

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by C-mac, 21st May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Before people crucify me for this, I have reasons for going!

Those of you who know me from here or the last 6 or 7 years on Somersoft probably know my thoughts on attending spruiker/expert events that offer paid courses and/or off-the-plan properly sales etc. (I.e. - don't go!).

I've been meaning to go to Dymphna's free day for a couple of years now just to see how she showcases her strategies and her approach. From what I've viewed on YouTube and read of reviews (both positive and negative), she seems to spruik the following strategies:
    • 2011 - Mining towns (we all know how that went!)
    • 2014 - Ridiculously high-yield boarding house strategies (often in regional / tier #3 locations)
    Neither of these strategies appeal to me of course, so I'm looking forward to seeing what strategies in 2016 she will be promoting. I'm sure there's much more to it than just these two?

Maybe something more sensible/sustainable like renovations, subdivisions, or perhaps small developments. Who knows. If it's boarding houses, student accommodation, retirement villages, high-yielding houses in towns of 1,000 people etc., or snake oil, I'll be walking.

On a personal note, my attendance will hopefully give me some motivation to write or vlog about 'Experts' seminars a little bit more (I maintain a small blog but have not yet written about these courses, seminars, Experts etc.).

Anyway, I'll circle back to this thread on Monday once I've gathered some thoughts on the 8 hour day.

Eager to hear others' thoughts (experiences?) with her. I've read a lot; some positive, some negative.

Esh, Redwing, Brisbane04 and 4 others like this.
  2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I would go too, why not if it's free? It would be interesting getting another perspective whether you consider it valid or not.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts, good and bad.

3. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Agree with Hugh - it'll be interesting to get some feedback.

Esh likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Leave all your credit cards at home. $35 in wallet .

Spiderman and MTR like this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

slap on the wrist with a feather:)
    total waste of time, bring along your BS meter

6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Even for this reason, it's good to be able to detect BS.

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely go, be interesting to see what the appeal is and what gets people caught in the trap

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

if you have a day to burn, I would rather spend it with my family, call me silly..:)

Nothing new to learn here this is a lesson in sophisticated marketing, these guys are masters, years of experience and bullet proof.

DH does not even hold properties her income is the kickbacks and seminars. The kickback guys are killing it.., I know guys in the platinum group lost everything and still going...there is nothing to learn about property here.

Funny thing is the same kickback guys are also spinning their wheels with cash capital, real wealth they share the love, say no more

Last edited: 21st May, 2016
  9. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

I know someone who paid $6k to this education course where they have access to a property forum with brokers, OTP sellers. They signed up for a H&L package in Brisbane although they knew my views already on OTP. Then after paying the deposit kept messaging to ask if they could speak as they were having cold feet. Apparently the deposit was refundable. So this group earns $6k per "student" and likely gets kickbacks in the background?

Another person we know unfortunately paid $10k for this mentoring thing and got sold an OTP in Brissy for $525k and the contract clearly said $25k was the commission. The valuation wouldn't stack up so they had to fork a lot more savings for the purchase. I felt sorry as these were their life savings and it will likely be an expensive lesson for them.

Yet I know 2 others who know the lesson we learnt with OTP (losing 2k deposit on 2) and heard about who both have bought H&L packages around Ipswich.......

When you ask people why that and not something else, often the response is "no specific reason". Property doesn't always make a good investment :(

Terry_w likes this.
  10. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Learn how to pick BS could be a skill worth mastering maybe.

Westminster and bob shovel like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My g/friend has lost $1m, she is not blameless but this group are as dodgy as they get, don't walk...run

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Easy and quick way to make millions.

I'm not averse to education at all, but I think there are a lot of people looking for a 'quick and easy fix' to making millions and it just doesn't exist.

MTR and HUGH72 like this.
  13. bob shovel

I'M IN!! :D

datto and Taku Ekanayake like this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Get in line behind me mate! :p

15. bob shovel

I already gave c-mac my credit card details to buy two of everything!

16. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

I think it also depends on your family! ;)

17. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

18. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Um how is this possible?

dan_89 likes this.
  19. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

Seems like an appropriate place to post this.

Also posted for discussion here

spludgey, Hanison, C-mac and 3 others like this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

good lu

recommending mining towns, recommending dodgy US property where DB gets kickbacks, JV partnerships with inexperienced people with no track record. Recommending strategies that are high risk.

No one held a gun to her head, however it's been a disaster. I have also met others from this group wanted to view one of my developments. I had a quick look at their numbers, property, no money to be made, I expect they made a loss. One of these investors was a doctor, just shows smart people can also get suckered