Recommendations pls! - Logan. Painter, sparky & handyman

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Gruber, 11th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gruber

Gruber Active Member

I'm looking for recommendations please for a painter, sparky and handyman in Logan. First IP purchase and managing quick reno from interstate so would really appreciate any suggested contacts.

Thanks!

Last edited: 11th Jan, 2016
    Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I would say ask your PM would be best shot....

3. joe2030

joe2030 Well-Known Member

Are you doing self management from remote? If so, I am using a lot the serviceseeking.com.au to get 3 quotes.
    One of sparky I recommend is
    My Sparky Mate in Logan area.
    What kinda carpentry / handy job are you looking for?

4. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

I used Pam Panadee for an interstate renovation in December. I'm in Melbourne, she's in Brisbane (she's doing a renno now in Logan for someone else I put on to here from here I believe).

She is AWESOME! It was an absolute pleasure working with her and took all the stress out of being remote. Fees were very good too and no mark up on trades. She pre-quoted, ball parked everything then worked out her flat fee on top. Once we signed her up she formed up all the quotes and material and came in a decent bit under the initial quote.

She has a bunch of tradies that she has good relationshiips with from over the years and you only have to deal direct with her, you;re not chasing heaps of different people up. She just sends you the invoices to pay from each trade as you go along.

She sent an update email every night outlining that days work and anywhere from 10-20 photo's each day uploaded to dropbox.

Her contact details are n her new website - Home

Our place is on her properties page on there, "Capistrano" - let her know it was Capistrano's owner that passed on her details to you if you contact her,.

Good luck with the renno.

David Shih and Bran like this.
  5. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

I can highly recommend Kevin from KR Painting Services 0451 515 589.
    I used him and his offsider for 3 days last week and I had problems with another painter.
    He did such a great job and got me out of a tight spot I cant recommend him highly enough.

I can also say be very careful of feedback on service seeking...I got stung by a painter there who has 24 positive recommendations...stuffed me around big time....If you see M&V Property Maintenance (Michael Irvine) RUN AWAY VERY FAST.