PC Demographic Stats Poll

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Property Twins, 25th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Gender & Age Group

Poll closed 30th Aug, 2015.
  1. Male, 18-30

78 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Male, 31-40

103 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Male, 41-50

48 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Male, 51-60

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Male, 61+

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Female, 18-30

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Female, 31-40

22 vote(s)
    7.5%
  8. Female, 41-50

13 vote(s)
    4.4%
  9. Female, 51-60

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  10. Female, 61+

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  1. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi All,

Curious to know the PC demographics Male/Female versus age groups. I have noticed more and more there are more guys than girls who invest. No surprises there...But keen to know it on the polls.

Poll goes as this --> Gender & Age Group

The poll only allows 10 options as opposed to the 18 I wanted by the way.

Xenia, MTR, ellejay and 1 other person like this.
  2. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

What about younger than 18 and male?

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Not my thread but I suggest with the 10 category limitation, the gender spilt of the over 61's should have been removed to allow the under 18's to be included, I guess the gender is less important in these age groups?

Last edited: 26th Jul, 2015
  4. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Legally you're not allowed to vote.

teetotal, JMica, juzzy and 16 others like this.
  5. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Great poll idea

6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

31-40 category leading at the moment and 18-30 coming second! Good to see so many responsible people in this age bracket.

Esh likes this.
  7. Property Twins

Don't have under 18 for either male or female. Under 18 can't buy property I imagine?

If I had more options to add would have,......A bit late to edit?

ej89 likes this.
  8. Property Twins

Come on guys, there are 2000+ peeps on PC. We need more votes. Only 64 votes so far!

@Simon Hampel Unless you can grab some stats :). At least for those who've filled gender & age?

9. Gockie

Anyway, interesting stats. So many young'uns. And I would have thought there would be more females... come on ladies....

Toon and Property Twins like this.
  10. Property Twins

Gockie, that's something that has struck @monalisa and I! That most women don't care about their finances.........you can read between the line the rest.

We have/had a school friend. Stay at home mum now. Lives in a 2m+ home, drives a luxury car, business class travel, husband is a doctor, money coming from hubby's parents overseas. Our jaw dropped when recently she said her husband was paying too much tax and his income meant that they couldn't get Centrelink benefits. What happens if the husband can no longer provide? Or mummy daddy can't???

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Jul, 2015
    Esh likes this.
  11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Some stats for you:

1. you posted this at nearly 10pm last night ... it's now Sunday morning ... don't expect too much! :D

2. lots of people don't participate in polls

3. in my experience a lot of women ARE involved in property investing - but many of them (especially with young children) are too busy to hang out on discussion forums. In couples, they are often the silent driver behind the whole thing - it might be the men who are more visibly active, but that just hides the activity that happens behind the scenes.

4. I wouldn't read too much into a poll like this in any case - in my experience you get warped results biased towards people who fill in polls rather than a general broad demographic picture.

Imagine doing a poll with the question "Do you fill in polls?" ... if 100% of the people who voted in the poll said yes, what does that actually prove to you? :D

I do plan on doing an annual comprehensive demographic survey of our members - will look into that in a couple of months time once I've got my TODO list more under control.

Frazz, teetotal, ellejay and 5 others like this.
  12. Gockie

They want Centrelink benefits?? And he's a doctor but getting money from his parents?? OMG....

Property Twins likes this.
  13. Property Twins

Thanks @Simon Hampel ! Great. Look forward to the survey. Haha good stat that I posted it at 10pm LAST NIGHT :eek:

Nonetheless, I have a feeling that most young women have no clue........Want to see this change.

14. Gockie

And also in reply to Sim... Agree with you. Only some people are inclined to fill on polls.

Btw I think the timelines/milestones thread is skewed to the younger forumites cause the older demographic don't want to be outed as oldies...

Last edited: 26th Jul, 2015
  15. Property Twins

Yep and she called us to ask how can they get their way around minimising tax (in order to get the benefits)...may be if on paper he showed she was his secretary.....she asked.

A "friend". But it really annoyed me.

Gibson likes this.
  16. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Now that is a stat I wouldn't dispute - but it probably applies just as equally to young men too (just as clueless).

Either way - I definitely think that educating young women to be more financially self-sufficient is a worthwhile exercise!

17. Property Twins

True......but looking at the numbers on here, heaps more young men are looking at their financial future.

Totally and I'm very excited about this prospect:)

Xenia likes this.
  18. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think you may also find from my experience from the other site ,there are a lot of investors over 61 that post that I have talked too face to face,but with this poll there is nowhere for them to vote,just like trying to find how one stops water flowing downhill?,what happens?most time water will just find a way around you and continues downhill..and I'm 59 going on 60..

19. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Great idea, difficult when not more options. Give it time, at least a week, posted on a Sat night when many are out having fun, only been 12 hours.

Unfortunately in caucasian society (mainly) I believe theirs still the old days mentality that the man is the provider, woman the nurture , look at the average of women in boardrooms, equal pay etc.

Through life I've witnessed many girls playing with dolls, tea sets etc (barbie/ken) growing up dreaming of the day, their only goal, to meet their prince charming, have a white picket fence, kids etc.
    When in most cases it doesn't work out the way they envisage the marriage fails, they end up alone with the kids, all the responsibilities, most surviving only on a bit of child support if their lucky + welfare, their kids growing up experiencing the example set before them, wash/repeat.

Fortunately some break the mould and strive to achieve their own financial independence, like my 18yr daughter already with her own bus and still studying, while others also make their parents proud by making the cover of API ;)

JDP1, Gockie and Property Twins like this.
  20. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Transgender under 18 here.

juzzy likes this.