Open Wealth Creation experiences

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Robbo03, 10th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robbo03

Robbo03 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have been doing a fair bit of research on various companies of late. I have come across OWC who have provided some really interesting educational resources via youtube, and a book, but was wondering if anyone has every used OWC for any property related services?

Has anyone bought a property through them?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

2. Pins

Pins Well-Known Member

I think there is some information on them over on Somersoft. If I remember correctly, they are big promoters of H&L packages.

3. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

@Tom Robinson

I have had a few dealings with them but haven't purchased via them.
    Also their WOD series whilst basic is all good stuff IMO
    Any dealings that I have had with them have been great and have been offered advise free of fee via email from Cam on numerous occasions.
    That said they need to be paid a fee for their service so make sure you get them to state all fees,commissions etc they receive from you..

4. Phil_22

Phil_22 Well-Known Member

@Tom Robinson

The link to the somersoft discussion is here:

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91329

I have started reading the books and watching the video's, a lot of it makes sense however some of it contradicts what I have read here on PC also e.g. Cam states never invest in regional Australia however there are a number of members on PC who have done it successfully.

Cheers,

Phil

5. Green Grass

Green Grass Member

I read their books and spent a few weeks speaking to them about buying H&L through them in Greenvale, VIC.

I too like their educational materials but when I decided I didn't want to progress with Greenvale, thought they were too quick to insist I was making a mistake.

They acknowledged when asked that their commission comes from the investor and the builder, but not the developer. After deliberating and taking Somersoft member advice, I decided that the H&L prices would be inflated to cover developer margins including all their marketing costs and I probably would not get the 2-3 year capital growth uplift I needed to rinse and repeat.

I settled yesterday on a 10 year old townhouse in Brisbane instead, much closer to the CBD than any OWC product, and which is already tenanted. This is my first IP.

I would not knock OWC as a few did on Somersoft as I rate their education service to newbies like me highly. However I do think their materials are focussed on persuading you that their new build house investment strategy is best, which might then lead an investor to be persuaded to invest into one of the properties on which they will also be paid by a builder.

The research they provided me on Greenvale was both extensive and persuasive.

Thanks
    GG

6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Green Grass where about your suburb for your town house ?

I'm now looking to buy house with large land component in Crestmead instead of Park Ridge (all in QLD).

I've been enlightened by many experts and Brissie local investors not to buy H&L package or OTP apartment as investment property.

7. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Tekoz, why Crestmead?

8. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

9. Property Twins

Cool. I don't like it personally. But then it doesn't fit my strategy. I like very well located properties

10. Mr Dabolina

Mr Dabolina Well-Known Member

@MsAli Where are your properties ...just trying to understand by what you mean by well located. i.e within 5km of cbd or well located as in near facilities...?

11. Property Twins

@Mr Dabolina - by well located I mean not in the middle of suburbia, and close to shops & train/public transport. When buying in Brissy, in the Logan region, we looked at the suburbia and didn't get a good gut feel when deviating from this strategy. Only felt satisified once we purchased well located ones, stone's throw from the shopping mall & near public transport.

Mr Dabolina likes this.