Trading George Fokas

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by MTR, 26th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

For the seasoned share investors, what can you say about George Fokas.

I am thinking of going to this presentation by George Fokas, here is an overview what will be discussed

• How George consistently achieves 2%, 3% and 4% MONTHLY returns;
    • The 3-step process for using this technique to generate cashflow;
    • And how to get started with as little as $2,000 worth of cash or equity.
    Any feedback appreciated.

MTR:)

2. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

3. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

If you can make 4% per month share trading, why is he in the seminar business?

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

always prepared to learn, also market going pear shaped does this mean potential opportunities. Trading probably won't suit me, but curious to know more regardless

MTR:)

5. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

Depends how much of his money he wants to risk. If it's a smaller amount then 4% isn't much in dollar terms and therefore does seminars for additional income.

6. Soul

Soul Well-Known Member

I am not sure what products he is recommending to trade. The higher the leverage, higher the profit or LOSS. First step for novice, learn and try not to loose by stock trading. Once you understand the process well, Check your RISK tolerance and move on to CFD, warrants, options etc.

The best I know who have been making money have win loss ratio of 60:40 and average profit of 10-12% year.

Also, do not forget their subscription fees.

7. barnes

barnes Well-Known Member

If a person consistently makes 4% a month he can always trade with bigger lots and not bother doing seminars, except when they are free of charge. But if he is doing seminars, it raises questions about his trading ability.

8. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

I'm sure there won't be any mention of the months he consistently losses 3%, 4% and 5%.

oracle, The Falcon and MTR like this.
  9. Nick Valsamis

Problem is that if he charged for the seminars then less people would come meaning he has less prospects to sell his course to.

The guy doesn't have to be a top professional to teach people things they don't know.

So the free seminar is good for people that don't know anything about covered calls.

10. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Have heard of him, one of Nik Halik's (The Thrillionaire) mob

11. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Wow, George has found the money tree!

24-48% per annum! And nobody else knows his secret techniques so they haven't been arbitraged away. And no, surprisngly instos haven't paid billions for his genius, he's selling the secret to plebs at seminars! Amazing! Take my money George!!

Phantom, Cactus, Excalibur1 and 4 others like this.
  12. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

I used to work in small business tax many years ago. I did the tax returns for a person who taught share trading. He had accumulated significant trading losses from his his own share trading and was using his income from teaching share trading to repay the borrowings on his failed trades. How ironic.

Colin Rice and charttv like this.
  13. Player

Player Well-Known Member

He will push covered calls on the US market.

MTR........stay away

charttv likes this.
  14. Redwing

A good post from SS

Though keep in mind also there were similar posts to Luce.Rocks on venturing into Forex

Originally Posted by Xenia 10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
    I was trading options (mainly option writing) for a few years, I made and lost alot of money but overall ended up with a loss and alot of wasted time!

Options on shares is a billion dollar business, but so is teaching options trading. Gurus tend to preach it as a thing that you do in your spare time to make money. Then put the money into real estate.

After trying it out, I think nothing could be further from the truth.

It is like starting a small business, you need hefty training, you need lots of time and you need a large capital, if you dont have at least $50,000 trading capital that you are prepared to loose DONT BOTHER!!!!

Gurus will tell you that you can do it with less, even $10,000, but the truth is that even a small wiggle in the market can devistate an undercapitalised options trader, even if they are good! The most successfull people I know that do this full time and make money have capitals of $5 million or more!!!

If you are a property millionaire with alot of spare time and disposable income, by all means go and learn the trade! If you dont make it, it wouldnt matter. If you are depending on the income or cant afford to loose money, Keep the hell out of something as volatile as trading Options. You will just be wasting your time and money! Remember most businesses loose money while they are getting established!

One of the best books I can recomend is Trading for a living by Alexander Elder!

Soul and Excalibur1 like this.
  15. Redwing

16. Nick Valsamis

Forex is a different game. It can literally be the lowest dollar risk investment product.

17. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I can make 4% per month - sell a tyre I've had on the shelf for 12 months, at 50% mark-up :p

18. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

Better start seminars on tyre trading, maybe we need some derivatives for tyres. Makes more money than oil futures

19. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

It's even compounded, so it's 27% to 60%!

The Falcon and Redwing like this.
  20. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

George Soros gave me a call. He's looking for someone to manage his $20 billion hedge fund. Should I point him to George Fokas and his 4% monthly returns, or will he be too busy running seminars?

charttv, DanW and Player like this.