QLD GC going strong!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nathan Simon, 20th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If I was a GC visitor for the theme parks I would not stay in Coomera.
    All the other stuff you can find in any city.

But how about jobs? And i'm not talking about retail and theme park positions.
    How much professional well paid employment do the theme parks and all the other amenities you mentioned provide? Do they support a diverse range of employment? My partner is a speciality IT Consultant working in his niche and you can describe me as an Analyst, currently a Reports Developer for a major Big 4 Bank. Are there suitable jobs for us there? I tend to think that there wouldn't be too many great job opportunities for us in the Gold Coast and Coomera compared to other locations. Even if one of us was in construction and the other in IT, the jobs in the area won't suit both of us. And the construction jobs may not last long term.

And just think, we have above average income and we are not the only people who may not find suitable work in this area.
    Just my 2 cents....

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Dec, 2015
    Tekoz likes this.
  2. big max

big max Well-Known Member

It's a fully fledged city. Poised to double in population next 30 years. Everything is there and on top of that lots of opportunity for any profession due to the growth.

Last edited: 19th Dec, 2015
  3. flightcrank

flightcrank Active Member

not many would, well its mostly residential. most people look for hotels. maybe google "hotels gold coast" or something like that. Haven’t done your homework eh

your joking right ? you dont have to work in the same suburb you live/invest in...

like i said GC is the 5th biggest city in australia ofcourse there are jobs. I dont care what job you or your partner have, I never asked you to move to the GC, what the hell are you on about. Just stay where you are... A little bit of homework can along way, you can keep your 2 cents :)

Last edited: 19th Dec, 2015
    big max likes this.
  4. Gockie

People like you... yep. I'm not gunna choose to invest in the Gold Coast. There's plenty of other great places to invest in.
    I just would not invest in Upper Coomera.
    I'm more likely to invest in Logan.

5. flightcrank

go for it ! your dollar goes a long way in logan. I'm sure you wouldn't live there tho being a "Reports Developer" and all

6. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

The truth is most people are not going to come to the gold coast chasing a big professional career....the nice thing about it is you can come here at the moment buy a house and live on one salary and not be mortgaged to the eyeballs like in Sydney or Melb. I think that does appeal to a lot of people.

Many people do travel to Brisbane for work but I guess it is nice to have that option and still be able to live in a beautiful place and enjoy it on weekends.

7. flightcrank

yeah I would agree, hit the nail on the head there mel_c

8. big max

big max Well-Known Member

i take a slightly different view. More and more business's can be done from any location these days so why not do it from the nicest place possible. Also huge opportunity for small and medium business and startups. And anything international or tourism focussed.

9. Gockie

Nicest place possible? If I'm talking SE Qld I'll stick with my Redland City Council property then. Adore that area. :D

10. Bender12

Bender12 Well-Known Member

With the advance in technology and more and more work places moving towards and agile work environment and work life balance. My place is looking into making this available for me to work from the Gold Coast

big max likes this.
  11. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Gockie the comparison between COOMERA and one example of the Logan area shows it is almost the same taken from Compare suburbs to uncover potential bargains as at 6/1/2016:
    [​IMG]

Note: Anyway.... I have one IP in Logan council in Park Ridge QLD 4125, hence if I missed the opportunity to invest in COOMERA, at least I got something in Logan area that you prefer :cool:.

12. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Gockie Somehow Redland is not performing well compare to the Gold Coast area, see the actual data here as at today:

Redland CG score mostly under 44:
    [​IMG]

If you see Gold Coast below, it is way higher or better Capital gain than Redland above:

[​IMG]

The data is trusted by the major property valuation and also the big 4 banks.
    http://www.propertyvalue.com.au/explore as at 6/1/2016

13. Dwalsh

Dwalsh Well-Known Member

I
    I got one there with 6.5 percent return, 10 years old 750 sqm block in crestmead. I Got in before the crowd though haha 2 years ago. Now you would be just going with the crowd.

14. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I'm in Disneyland atm. If GC gets Disneyland, it'll be great for Qld. Jobs jobs jobs.

Paterson00 and Tekoz like this.
  15. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

Most theme park staff are young on base / casual wages. This is not a not job boom. Ask a local how often they visit theme parks and if they care about them, although I heard the yearly passes work out really good when you live next door :)

Some of the large parks in the States are run by travelers from places like Australia who get paid nothing or next to, and get free accommodation / the experience. This is a growing trend on how these operations are being run and its these guys that do all the hard labour intensive dirty work. How do I know, have a relative that traveled to America for the so called traveling theme park experience. Didn't last too long and came home - which quickly quashes the travel bug.

16. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. When I lived on the GC I saw jobs advertised at the theme parks for $15-20 per hour, hardly going to influence prices.... Would be good for the local economy but people working there aren't really going to be buying property, they can hardly afford to pay rent where they live :)

17. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Job creation is job creation. It'll have impact on local economy. Whether you'll want to work there, it's another matter.

18. Ethantheeel

Ethantheeel Active Member

What is your opinion of investing in house and land packages in the new estates at Redland Bay?

Tekoz likes this.
  19. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yes this is very true.
    The besd thing gc has going for it is that those kind of jobs are available in brisbane. Works vice versa as well brisbane residents have a nice weekend getaway in the gc..ex surfers etc

Mel_C likes this.
  20. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

If atlanta is not a tier 2 city then brisbane is not even a tier 100 city...sounds about right though. :)